|USB-Humidity Simple and precise
humidity and temperature measurement with a PC
At a glance
- Humidity plus temperature sensor for use with a PC
- USB device with 2 m USB cable
- Contained in black plastic case 44 x 30 x 23 mm
- Multiple sensors at one PC possible
- Measuring accuracy ±0,2° Celsius and ±2 %
relative humidity (RH) in a wide range
- Measuring resolution 0.01° C / 0.01 % RH
- Valid temperature range -20° to +80° C
- The control software ClewareControl for timed switching,
USBswitch with a graphical user interface and
USBswitchCmd for switching via command call is ready for
- sparkling-protectet IP44
- ClewareControl features networked measuring
- Export of the measured values for Excel etc.
- Automatic saving of the measured values
- Compression of the measured values
- Application Program Interface (DLL) for easy integration
in user applications
- Any sensor may control up to 256 actions in ClewareControl,
e.g. alarm sound, email or USB-Switch, SMS via the command
- No driver installation needed with Windows® variants that
(® Microsoft Windows is a registered trademark
of the Microsoft Corporation.)
- Linux support is
- RoHS, CE & EN60950 conform/ IP44
- For indoor use only.
- Any sensor identifies with a unique serial number
- Less then 25 mA power consumption
- 4 years warranty
- Made in Germany
- Device also available with about 3,7 m USB cable (USB-Humidity
The USB-Humidity measures the relative humidity and air temperature
though a hole in the Middle of the housing. The device contains
a calibrated precision sensor with a measurement accuracy of ±2
% relative humidity and ±0,4° Celsius in most part of
measurement range. The absolute accuracy (certified) are shown in the tables
The size of the device is about 44 x 30 x 23 mm. The valid temperature
range for using the USB-Humidity is -20° to +80° C. Using
the sensor outside this range may destroy it. When temperature falls
below 0°C, the USB cable should not be dejected to avoid damage
of the cable cover.
The usage of the USB-Temp is strictly prohibited when the
failure of the sensor will harm people.
Up to 127 sensors may theoretically be connected to a PC using
several HUBs. This makes it very easy to compare the temperature
of different places. When using Cleware USB devices it is not neccessary
to install device drivers. The standard USB drivers are sufficient.
So the system stability will not be harmed.
The USB-Humidity will be delivered with the software ClewareControl
for displaying and managing measured values. The software is running
with Windows® variants that
support USB. (® Microsoft Windows is a registered trademark
of the Microsoft Corporation.)(® Microsoft Windows
is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation). No special
device drivers are neccessary to use the Cleware USB devices. The
already installed device driver are sufficient.
The application ClewareControl will do the temperature and humidity
visualisation. Every sensor may control up to 256 actions such as
sound, email, execution of any program or switch an USB-Switch.
In case of Windows 2000 or XP an entry in the event log could be
the result of an action.
The USB-Humidity may also be controlled via the network. The connection
is established with the TCP/IP protocol. On the remote control PC
the USB-Humidity appears like a local device and could be handled
the same way. Several devices even on different PCs could be controlled
The recorded values may automatically be stored on the disk. The
compression of the measured values is also supported to reduce memory
needs. Export functions to use the data in foreign programs (e.g.
Excel) are available.
An application program interface (API) to drive the USB-Humidity
from customer programs is part of the delivery. The API bundles
some very simple functions for opening and reading the device. The
complex USB device handling is hided.
Linux support is also available. An application
program interface (API) and a simple example for accessing an USB-Humidity
Every sensor own its unique serial number. This make it easy to
identify the devices even when the USB plug position changes or
new USB devices are connected. The serial number is accessible through
the API and could therefore be used as a simple dongle.
The product USB-Humidity comes with a 2-year software update service
via Internet free of charge. New versions are made available in
the Cleware download area and may be downloaded free.
The sensor is usable in many ways. A small selection is show below:
- supervision of the server environment temperature with automatic
alarm via email or by turning on an alarm light with the USB-Switch
- measuring the humidity temperature distribution in rooms or
- meteorological maesuring
- control of the behaviour of the air condition
- supervision of the temperature of terrariums and controlling
heating or cooling devices
- monitoring the working place temperature and humidity (facility
- documentation of humidity and temperature curve in production