|USB-Ampel / USB-WatchLight Super-bright
- Super-bright LED traffic light with 3 light in red, yellow and
- USB device with 1,8 m USB cable
- Contained in black plastic case 40 x 90 x 23 mm / IP30
- Multiple devices at one PC possible
- Every light is controlled indepedantly
- Valid operating range -20° to +80° C
- Network enabled - display on other PC possible
- Application Program Interface for easy integration
in user applications
- The control software ClewareControl for timed switching,
USBswitch with a graphical user interface and
USBswitchCmd for switching via command call is ready for
- No driver installation needed with Windows® variants that
support USB. (® Microsoft Windows is a registered trademark
of the Microsoft Corporation.)
- Linux support is
- RoHS, CE & EN60950 conform/ IP30
- For indoor use only.
- Any sensor identifies with a unique serial number
- Configurable to operate as a watchdog (USB-WatchLight)
- Max. 440 mA power consumption
- 4 years warranty
- Made in Germany
- Device also available with about 3,7 m USB cable (USB-Ampel
- Also available in splash-water protected solution ( IP54)
The USB-Ampel is a simple but very effective signal device that
is controlled by the PC. It looks like a traffic light with three
light areas in red, yellow and green. The light areas consist of
seven superbright LED with about 200 mcd each.
The USB-Ampel could also be configred to operate as a watchdog.
The name of the device is USB-WatchLight in this case and when started
the red light is turned on. In any state only one light is turned
on and the two others a turned off. The configuration is done with
the device configuration available with ClewareControl.
When a life signal (CalmWatchdog) is received, the green light is
turned on. With the life signal, two arguments are supplied to the
device. The first argument defines the time after which the red
light is turned on. The second argument is the time for the yellow
light. In opposite to the other Cleware watchdogs, the times for
the USB-WatchLight are defined in seconds.
The size of the device is about 40 x 90 x 23 mm. The valid temperature
range for using the USB-Ampel is -20° to +80° C. Using the
device outside this range may destroy it. When temperature falls
below 0°C, the USB cable should not be dejected to avoid damage
of the cable cover.
The usage of the USB-Temp is strictly prohibited when the
failure of the sensor will harm people. The usage in medical applications
of any kind request the written permission of the Cleware GmbH.
About 32 devices may theoretically be connected to a PC using several
HUBs. When using Cleware USB devices it is not neccessary to install
device drivers. The standard USB drivers are sufficient. So the
system stability will not be harmed.
The USB-Ampel will be delivered with the software ClewareControl
for displaying and managing the lights. The software is running
with all USB enabled versions of Windows®. (® Microsoft
Windows is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation).
No special device drivers are neccessary to use the Cleware USB
devices. The already installed device driver are sufficient.
The USB-Ampel may also be controlled via the network. The connection
is established with the TCP/IP protocol. On the remote control PC
the USB-Ampel appears like a local device and could be handled the
An application program interface (API) to drive the USB-Ampel from
customer programs is part of the delivery. The API bundles some
very simple functions for controlling the device. The complex USB
device handling is hided.
Linux support is also available.
Every USB-Ampel own its unique serial number. This make it easy
to identify the devices even when the USB plug position changes
or new USB devices are connected.