- contact sensor for use with a PC
- USB device with 1.9 m USB cable
- Network enabled - remote access possible
- Export of the measured values for Excel etc.
- Application Program Interface for easy integration
in user applications
- The control software ClewareControl for timed switching,
USBswitch with a graphical user interface and
USBswitchCmd for switching via command call is ready for
- Any sensor may control up to 256 actions, e.g. alarm sound, email or USB-Switch
- No driver installation needed with Windows Operating Systems since Win 2K (® Microsoft Windows is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation.)
- Auch unter verschiedenen Versionen von Linux verwendbar.
- RoHS, CE & EN60950 conform/ IP30
- Any sensor identifies with a unique serial number
- Less then 25 mA power consumption
- 4 years warranty
- Made in Germany
- also available with 2 channels (USB-Contact2) or 16 Channels (USB-IO16)
and with 3,7 m USB-Cable (USB-Contact L)
The contact sensor USB-Contact supplies a 5 V output which could
be connected to a switch or a floating relais contact. The output
is accessible through a 3.5' mono jack. The state of the
contact is reported over the USB connection to the PC. Typical applications
are smoke sensors with relais outlet, reed contacts at doors or
windows or foot switches.
The size of the sensor is about 44 x 30 x 23 mm and it is connected
to the PC using a 2 m long USB cable. The product is guarranteed
for 4 years. The valid temperature range for using USB-Contact is
-20° to +80° C. Using the sensor outside this range may destroy
Up to 127 sensors may theoretically be connected to a PC using
several HUBs. This makes it very easy to compare the temperature
of different places. When using Cleware USB devices it is not neccessary
to install device drivers. The standard USB drivers are sufficient.
So the system stability will not be harmed.
The USB-Contact will be delivered with the software ClewareControl
for accesing and managing measured values. The software is running with Windows® variants that support USB. (® Microsoft Windows is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation.) No special
device drivers are neccessary to use the Cleware USB devices. The
already installed device driver are sufficient.
The application ClewareControl will do the contact state visualisation.
Every sensor may control up to 256 actions such as sound, email,
execution of any program or switch an USB-Switch.
The USB-Contact may also be controlled via the network. The connection
is established with the TCP/IP protocol. On the remote control PC
the USB-Contact appears like a local device and could be handled
the same way. Several devices even on different PCs could be controlled
An application Program interface (API) to drive the USB-Contact
from customer programs is part of the delivery. The API bundles
some very simple functions for opening and reading the device. The
complex USB device handling is hided. Linux support
is also available.
Every Sensor got its unique serial number. This make it easy to
identify the devices even when the USB plug position changes or
new USB devices are connected.
The usage of the USB-Contact is strictly prohibited in the
- medical application of any kind
- when the failure of the sensor will harm people